I rated Dreamweaver a 5. I am not seeing the benefit of the technology because I am so new to it but I believe that I would like it more if I learned more about it. Professor Heather mentioned that the software is expensive and that professional web designers use the software. If professionals are willing to spend the money to use it, it must be worth something. For this reason, I would love to learn more about it. I understand, though, why he wants to use future classes for different projects. Even if Dreamweaver could create a better website over all, he has provided us with other sites that can achieve a similar result. Although Wikispaces or Wetpaint might not offer all the features of Dreamweaver, they offer the features that I need to use. They are also much easier to use. For this reason, I plan on using Wetpaint of Wikispaces for my e-portfolio.
As a teacher, I think that I would use online resources such as Wikispaces or Wetpaint for my students. First, it's easier and less time-consuming for me to use. When I'm teaching I will not have a lot of extra time for complicated processes. These types of websites are also easy enough that my students can use them as well which is a big plus. I like the idea of students being able to create their own webpages or editing pages which are already created. If I became more well-versed in Dreamweaver, though, I might feel differently.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment